Current and ongoing Diversity and Inclusion initiatives
In October 2017, the DEI Committee presented recommendations to Chancellor Victor Boschini that were based on the committee’s careful study of current practices and assessment of immediate needs.
The following recommendations were immediately approved:
- Establishment of Faculty Diversity Advocates in each College/School
- Establishment of the Chancellor’s Postdoctoral Fellowship Program, which is dedicated to diversifying the academy
- Launch of annual Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Award
- Increased number of incoming Community Scholars
- Establishment of STEM Scholar Program (inaugural class matriculates in summer 2018)
- Hiring of Director of Diversity and Inclusion Initiatives
- Establishment of commemorative plaque to acknowledge and pay respect to Wichita and Affiliated Tribes upon whose historical lands TCU is located. Dedication October 15, 2018.
- University membership in National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity Faculty Success Program